Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lidah Kucing Original

People in Indonesia used to make cookies on big holiday like Eid, Christmas and New Year eve. Every house will have similarity, cookies served on the tables. And mostly every one served more than four different types of cookies at once. And commonly they made it themselves at home.
This tradition happened since long time ago. I used to help my mother making our cookies at home since I was 7 years old. And since then I loved to make cookies.

The cookie which I’m going to share named Lidah Kucing. In Indonesian, Lidah means tongue and Kucing means cat. I don’t know exactly why they named it like that, but I guess it is because of the shape.  It likes a tongue of a cat.

Originally it is made from white eggs only. And it has one shape, like I told before, looks like a tongue. And now, so many variation of Lidah Kucing with many shapes, with different mixing ingredients are made. And I’m going to share those recipes with you.


Ingredient :

250 grams butter
180 grams sugar powdered
160 grams flour
6 egg whites

Directions :
Beat together butter and sugar until creamy and pale.                                                                   
In other bowl, beat all the white eggs until fluffy and dry.
Add the flour and white eggs gradually into the butter mixture.
Pour the batter mixture into the piping bag and squeeze on the greased floured baking pan. Bake in the preheat oven 140 C until the corner of cookies starts brownies and dry completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment